Some businesses are launched because a proprietor came up with a great new product. Others are started to provide a service to meet an anticipated demand for a particular market. And every once in a while, a business is launched on the simple and unwavering premise that its employees, yes, its people, are by far, its greatest asset.
At Gravity Software™ (Gravity), the underlying goal isn’t just about providing customers with the latest technology or the fastest accounting software. It’s about showing our customers that Gravity’s robust business financials can help companies maximize the operational efficiency of their people. From day one, the hearts and minds at Gravity have always believed that the people who operate any business are its true lifeblood and backbone; and software, accounting solutions and other tools are a means to leveraging your business’ greatest asset.
One particular strong suit on which Gravity hangs its hat, are its robust and all-encompassing multi-company capabilities. As a growing SMB, this is right up your alley because you’re no longer that startup business with a battalion of 5. Instead, you’re a business with multiple locations spread all over the region. When you started out, you were confident that your entry level accounting software would be more than enough to produce solid financial reports, track and successfully manage inventory, and update your customer data, among other things. But 25 customers are now hovering close to 500 and those reports are taking longer to produce with accuracy and reliability, no matter how fast you type and click. Perhaps you’re feeling like you’re falling behind regardless of how hard you’re working.
Simplify with Real-World Financials
Streamlining operations, maximizing efficiencies across the board, and ultimately simplifying the lives of our end users, are what Gravity is all about. You’re at the helm of a growing business, and Gravity grows with you. The power of Gravity is comprised of more than just a robust capability to find answers. Gravity’s cloud-based agility and scalability help your multi-company thrive by anticipating real-world financial needs. Once implemented, Gravity gets to work by…
- drilling down and extracting any/all relevant data, for any location/entity. You’ll never undergo a frantic search of the preverbal needle in a data haystack. No more frantic emails, phone calls and S.O.S. signals to the warehouse looking for a packing slip. With a few drill downs and clicks, you’ll have confirmation that a shipment was received, by whom and when, so the corresponding invoice gets paid straight away.
- sharing master files. With proper security features in place, you can share data with all of your locations’ general managers, and anyone else to whom you’ve granted clearance. By sharing master files and allowing access to those who need it, you effectively eliminate siloed data issues and inefficiencies.
- reporting on consolidated information. Track and breakdown vendor expenses by location. Now you can compare one location to another, or multiple locations simultaneously, with each entity’s data successfully consolidated.
- capturing and analyzing critical data, like overhead expenses by location. You’re no longer waiting for a GM to get back to you with answers. Since all your company data is now consolidated into a single, secure database, you can retrieve those answers just as fast has she could. Want to see why the newest branch is paying more for staff salary than the other 14 locations? No problem. Just drill down, tab and click. Want to find out why branches D, E, and F all reported huge overtime surges during the previous pay period? It’s all there, within a few clicks. Or maybe you’re curious as to why some of your locations don’t enjoy some of the price breaks that your original location does. What’s the difference, and how can you turn that around? Answers to all those questions (and many more), are right at your fingertips.
- providing Multi-Company Operational Reports. With Gravity, you no longer have to concede hours to produce consolidated Aging and other Operational reports. Instead, in less than 2 minutes, you can select the AR Aging Report, select the companies to include in the report, and view it. Not only are you able to consolidate financial reports, but operational reports as well. Select the report, select the companies and print or save as a pdf. Click and print, how easy is that?
- Inter-Company Billing, One and Done. In Gravity, you can set up inter-company billing templates to determine the voucher distribution for the receiving company. Next, create the invoice in the parent, then a voucher is automatically created and posted in the subsidiary’s payables. One step: one and done.
- Inter-Company Transactions. What if your vendor sends a single invoice for supplies for five restaurants? Most systems would require five separate transactions to properly reconcile. A transaction in the company paying the bill and four separate transactions for the other companies to pay back the first. If you made a mistake at any step along the way, then your inter-company accounts will be out of balance, which makes for crazy inefficiencies. In Gravity, you can create one voucher for distribution into multiple companies and you’re done. The inter-company accounts are in perfect balance, all completed with one transaction instead of five.
- Multi-Company Cash Receipts. With Gravity, when a customer pays multiple companies with one check, there’s no need to update Accounts Receivable in each company. Simply enter the Payment once, select all the invoices paid from all the companies and you’re done. With One transaction, every company is up to date and no mistakes. Accounts Receivable is perfect, inter-company accounts are in balance and month end is easy.
A Platform to Thrive and Grow
Our guiding principal is to simplify the lives of end users while providing your company with the platform it needs to grow. Every day, more businesses are transitioning to a cloud-based application, and Gravity makes it simple for your businesses to operate from anywhere without all the startup costs associated with other accounting applications.
Gravity is built on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 (aka Microsoft CRM) platform. Gravity allows for financial consolidation in less time without absorbing large implementation costs of a more conventional on-site, ERP solution. Learn more about Gravity and schedule your online demo today! Gravity Software – My business is connected. Is yours?