In sports, the best competitors possess more than athletic ability and a high level of skill; they’re always looking for an edge to get ahead. Whether it’s a better workout regimen, more time reviewing the playbook or watching game film over and over, you’re always looking ahead to be the best. In business, the best innovators have a similar game plan. While they’re not winning medals, cups or trophies, they win by providing the best product or service to their clients. More than just working hard and caring, the best CPAs are innovative, always pushing the envelope.
As most hardworking CPAs, you do your best to provide great service to your clients. But are you really providing the best possible service? To answer that question, ask yourself a few more:
- Is your operation as efficient and streamlined as possible?
- Are you able to access your clients’ data easily without navigating a gauntlet of passwords and log-in gateways?
- Is your clients’ data secure, consolidated and organized? Or is that data vulnerable, siloed and scattered?
- Are you providing your clients with near-instant, real-time analysis and answers? Or, do the answers and recommendations come a day late and a dollar short?
- Is your clients’ system of operations secure on a robust and flexible platform? Or are those systems held together by different platforms and a string of applications?
That series of questions and your answers that follow, are never a one-time query. They’re recurring, continually scrutinizing. After all, the success of any CPA firm hinges on the quality of their clients’ experience, and your clients’ needs that change daily.
Looking to Innovate?
The whole point of implementing new technology is to improve the lives of its users and beneficiaries. If new technology allows your clients to accomplish the same task as before, but in fewer steps, why not implement? Today’s new generation of CPAs not only accept new technology, they embrace it while they look to see how it can improve their clients’ businesses and more importantly, how it can improve the clients’ experience. Chances are, if you’re a member of the CPA class of innovators, you’ve already taken several steps to learn about the latest FASB standards and accounting applications available today to help move your clients forward. So, when you see that your client is still operating and struggling on an entry level accounting system, you’ll work proactively to suggest a cloud-based accounting solution that will increase overall efficiencies across the board.
The Client Experience is Everything
A solid solution is one that’s more than just powerful. It needs to demonstrate speed, cloud agility, and scalability. What if an accounting solution could help your clients . . .
- have real-time insights with customizable dashboards?
- consolidate financial reports and operational reports as well?
- track, control and manage their products wherever they do business?
- consolidate company data from all divisions, entities and regions while allowing instant drill down capability and pinpoint data extraction?
Take a look at Gravity Software™. Gravity is a robust mid-market accounting software written on the Dynamics 365 (aka Microsoft CRM) platform. An open platform that hosts over 4 million users worldwide. So, it’s game time, do your due diligence and schedule an online demo with Gravity. Prepare to be impressed. You can have your clients move forward with Gravity’s robust business financials. By utilizing the Dynamics 365 platform, your clients can easily add CRM from Microsoft, Grant software from GrantVantage, and Field Service from Modus-O. Really, the list is endless, based on your client’s needs.
By adopting an accounting solution with an integrated platform like Gravity, you’ve instantly saved on a precious commodity: time. Gravity’s guiding principle is to simplify the lives of our users while providing the needed tools to grow. Why not score that winning goal with Gravity? My business is connected. Is yours?